The Best Online Casinos for Currencies: Bitcoin
The concept of bitcoin as a payment method for online gambling is seeing a meteoric rise.
Gambling using bitcoin at bitcoin-friendly online casinos offers multiple benefits, including lower house edges than traditional online casinos (1% to 2% lower, because of lower operating costs from payment processors), faster deposits and withdrawals, and the option to deposit, withdraw, and gamble anonymously.
What Is Bitcoin?
What exactly are bitcoins?
How did they come to be, and how did they evolve into a stellar payment method for real money online gambling?
In its purest form, bitcoin is a fully decentralized virtual form of currency. This means that it does not exist in the physical world (like real cash in a bank does). This also means that it does not run through a central banking system, such as the United States Federal Reserve.
Bitcoin is used by over 20 million individuals and business of all sizes all over the world. Bitcoin transactions, sales, and purchases have dollar amounts well into the hundreds of millions every day, all without the need for a middleman, bank, or credit card company to get involved in the transactional process.
Benefits of Bitcoin for Online Gamblers
There are casinos online that specifically do business solely in bitcoin. These casinos have a considerably lowered house edge, sometimes by up to 2%. Many bitcoin casinos also go by the concept of provable fairness, using algorithms offering transparency, and showing that there is no way for the website to game their players. This process stretches also to live bitcoin casino gaming as well.
It should be standard though, that when searching for a top-notch bitcoin casino, you do your due diligence and check the casino’s historical reputation. There are hundreds of bitcoin casinos across the internet, all with their own special set of offerings.
3 of the highest rated bitcoin casinos are Ignition, Bovada, and Slots.lv.
Bitcoin Casino #1: Ignition
Ignition is a bitcoin casino that is relatively new to the scene, and it offers the fastest “cage cashier” transactional payment process around. In general, the Ignition casino offers a safer and more anonymous gambling process, with an overall procedural audit performed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. This ensures a safe and fair game when you start playing for real bitcoin.
Bitcoin Casino #2: Bovada
Try playin through Bovada using their simplistic and minimalist transactional process when placing a withdrawal or committing to a deposit. The site, developed and launched in 2007, has quickly grown into one of the largest and most widely-used online casino currently accepting bitcoin payments and transactions. Bovada is offering a $3,000 maximum welcome bonus for new players to their service.
Bitcoin Casino #3: Slots.lv
Slots.lv offers a wide selection of table games and virtual slot machines from the top gaming software providers available. A popular Vegas-style online casino, Slots.lv has recently begun accepting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as payment methods. Players are offered a wide array of rewarding, creative bonus promotions, and all transactions are not only anonymous through bitcoin but also secure with SSL.
Other High-Quality Options for Online Bitcoin Casinos
Other higher-quality options for bitcoin casinos, in addition to the 3 listed above, are Lincoln Casino and Sloto Cash.
Lincoln Casino offers a $1,500 bonus to new players, and has an 8-day average turnaround time for payouts via bitcoin.
Sloto Cash offers a $500 bonus to new players, and also has an 8-day average payout time for bitcoin payments.
Low-Quality Bitcoin Casinos to Avoid
Some online bitcoin casinos are unsafe and unfair.
These include Balzac Casino, Grand Reef, and Euro Play Casino.
Balzac Casino has consistently engaged in dishonest casino practices. They offer no information regarding their licensing on their site.
Grand Reef has loose gameplay when in free-play mode, but tightens up when you play for real money. They also have slow payout times for bitcoin withdrawals.
Euro Play Casino has many complaints regarding a lack of timely customer support and unresolved issue. They’ve been reported numerous times for unprofessional business practices.
Avoid these options, regardless of how enticing their bonuses might be.
How We Choose Our Recommended Bitcoin Online Casinos
Our in-house team inspects online casinos to ensure that we only recommend the best bitcoin online casinos.
We use a rigid standard list of criteria, and only recommend casinos scoring well in the following areas:
- Variety of Games: Top bitcoin online casinos will generally support hundreds of various betting games, table games, card games, dice games, and slot machines. This ensures that players will always have an ideal game for their playing style and preferences.
- Quick Player Payouts: Technological advancements are such that it should not be an issue for online casinos to release winnings in 2 or 3 days. This requires strong organization and a carefully developed payment process.
- Security and Safety: All top bitcoin casinos must use the strongest encryption levels available an the most developed and latest online security parameters to protect players’ personal data and finances.
- Promotions and Bonuses: These top-rated bitcoin online casinos need to provide a high value for the loyalty of their players. Whether that comes in the form of welcome bonuses, weekly offers, monthly promotions, or random giveaways, there needs to be incentive for bitcoin users to keep playing.
- Options for Banking: Besides the security of players’ personal data, it’s important that bitcoin casinos ensure that money transmits securely both to and from the casino and that there remains a variety of payment methods and transmission preferences to fit any budget and preference.
- Strong Customer Service: One of the most important aspects of a solid bitcoin offering online casino is a wide variety of options for players to contact customer support. Whether this comes from phone chat, email correspondence, ticket tracking, live chat or smoke signals, players need the assurance that their questions, comments, and concerns can be addressed quickly and effectively.