The Best Online Casinos in the United Kingdom
Compiling and analyzing all applicable online casinos available for residents of the United Kingdom is no easy task. We have whittled the results down to a top ten highest rated for online casinos in the UK based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to):
- Variety of gameplay options
- Software compatibility and user interface
- Security and encryption of signup/login process
- Availability of mobile games vs desktop
- Historical complaint alleviation and lack of problems
- Auditing and regulation by professional commissions
- Licensure and history of submitting records
The casinos we have selected fall within the requirements listed above and then some. They are also parts of well-established gaming brands, offering extremely high-quality gaming options, massive new player incentivized bonuses, and larger than life jackpots incomparable to land-based casino offerings in the United Kingdom.
The Top Ten Best Online Casinos in The United Kingdom
- Netbet.com, currently offering a bonus of up to 200 Pounds for new members.
- 888 Casino, offering a new player incentive of up to 1,500 Pounds for new users.
- Codeta Casino, which is currently offering a new player bonus of up to 3,000 Pounds!
- Bet-At-Home.com, with a 750 Pound bonus incentive for new player sign-ups.
- Leo Vegas Casino, currently offering a bonus of up to 1,600 Pounds for new members.
- Casino.com, offering a new player incentive of up to 400 Pounds for new users.
- Karamba Casino, which is currently offering a new player bonus of up to 200 Pounds.
- Casino Cruise, with a 1,000 Pound maximum bonus incentive for new player sign-ups.
- Betfair Casino, currently offering a bonus of up to 200 Pounds for new members.
- Play Club, offering a new player incentive of up to 300 Pounds for new user registrations.
Discovering the Strongest Online Casinos in the United Kingdom
As a gambler in the United Kingdom, the internet is chock full of well-reputed casino options, all offering strong choices in games for your entertainment needs. Although the selection of online casinos in the UK can be overwhelmingly vast for both beginners and experienced online gamblers, there is no need to fear the decision-making process.
Here at CasinoInsider.com, we have whittled down the options based on a wide variety of factors to assist customers in discovering a casino that meets their unique set of needs and requirements. No matter your page, skill level, or budget, you will be able to find a strong casino site in the UK based on your style and needs.
Additionally, not only will we be able to assist you in discovering your perfect online casino, we will also guide you to the strongest current bonus that each of the online casinos is offering. Nevertheless, the selection of which casino works best for your needs is completely under your control. No pressuring or sales pitches come from us, simply guidelines and recommendations based on research.
Our up-to-date listings offer the strongest online casinos in the UK, well-researched and backed up by reviews written by some of the most reputable professionals in the gaming industry.
Best Online Casinos in the UK: Parameters and Requirements
The strongest online casinos in the UK not only offer playable games utilizing the British pound, but also often offer a wide variety of games, strong software suites, and additional support options for players in the UK. These support options can come in the form of live online chats, email conversations, and free, 24/7 access phone numbers. This gives player the choice to pick up the phone and get connected with a support rep, drop them a message on their inbuilt live chat, or send them a lengthy email if you want your concerns documented.
Top Tips for Finding the Best Online Casinos in the United Kingdom
We have six highly suggested tips for discovering the best online casino in the UK that meets your specific needs, without falling short on any of the criteria that matter for a pleasurable play experience:
- Take your time and shop around before finalizing a decision on an online casino.
- Look at some of the many reviews of individual casino sites available here and across the internet to fit your unique play needs. Evaluate the pros and cons, and determine if the sites being looked at are right for you.
- Inspect the bonuses available, new player incentives, promotions, offers, and loyalty schemes on a per-site basis for the online casinos you are looking at joining.
- Ensure that the sites accept British Pounds as currencies both with deposits and withdrawals of winnings. This ensures that you won’t have any losses in profits due to currency conversions.
- Read up on the rules of the specific games if you are new to online gambling in general. Sometimes, rules vary due to variations and game variants from casino to casino.
- Play the free games available on the sites before signing up. This allows you to check out the quality, payouts and themes to ensure that they meet your individual needs and wants.
Gambling Laws for Online Casinos in the United Kingdom
When playing at an online casino in the United Kingdom, it is vital to have a strong understanding of the legislations and rules surrounding these casinos. The UK Gambling Commission has specific laws, restructures and licenses, set in a framework so players know what is possible and legal to do, and what is legal to the online casino.
This is very important to ensure that players are making payments and receiving winnings from only the most secure online casinos, and that player details remain protected and safeguarded against potential intrusion.
Gambling is completely legal in the United Kingdom, as well as running land-based and online casinos as long as they are licensed by the associated gambling commissions in the UK. Casinos are heavily regulated but free to function; and it is only unregulated casino action that will come into problematic situations with the long arm of the law.
The UK Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act of 2014
On November 1, 2014, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission enforced and enacted the Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act. This act regulates all casino operators that transact with or advertise to consumers in the UK. This includes casinos based both inside and outside of the United Kingdom.
This means that only casino operators and establishments that have been fully licensed and assessed by the governing body in the UK are legal to operate, and that the government will oversee regulations on who can advertise and where.
The Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act has three main parts to it:
- All entities that are wishing to advertise their specific gambling activities to players in the United Kingdom must hold a valid license from the UK Gambling Commission. This rule extends to offshore casinos as well.
- All online casinos that are operating both outside and inside the UK, and who transact with British customers
- All online casinos, regardless of whether they are based inside the UK or outside, must pay a gambling duty (which is a form of taxation). These gambling duties are roughly fifteen percent of the overall profits made from players of the online casinos.
Updated Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act: 2015 Version
Consistently experiencing updates and revisions, the most recent updates to the Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act for UK transacting casinos are as follows:
- Online casinos now are required to employ and contract fully licensed software developers. These developers are licensed and regulated through the UK Gambling Commission themselves to ensure the safety and security of the casino’s players.
- The act requires that all gambling software and security developers obtain a license from the UK Gambling Commission as well.
- All online casinos catering to players from the United Kingdom must offer a time-out and an automated self-exclusion facility. This complies with the social responsibility code provision in the Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act.
Software companies under pressure for this need to obtain a license specifically for the software packages utilized in online gambling in the UK. This is for if they manufacture, supply, install, or adapt gambling software within the constraints of the Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act.
The law refers to the software business engaged in these services based in both the UK and abroad. There are many players in the online casino supply chain process, and it is unclear how many players will be affected by these changes, even as late as early 2018. As it currently stands, software development services for remote gambling should seek advisement if they are concerned about how others within their online casino operations will be affected by the new Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act legislation amendment.
Payment Options Available at UK Online Casinos
With online gambling being legal in the United Kingdom, online players residing within the country are welcomed and accepted at virtually every UK-centric casino on the Internet. However, many prefer to choose casinos based within the United Kingdom itself, as opposed to those based offshore. This is due to the ease of being able to use the British currency. Thus, when players opt to withdraw their winnings from the casino site no loss is made due to currency exchange fees. However, there are also many offshore online casinos that allow players to play in British pounds.
There are many payment methods available for those inside and outside of the UK playing at online casinos, or those inside the UK playing at UK-based or offshore casinos. For some looks at various payment methods, check out the articles below:
- Best payment processing method for stronger anonymity at United Kingdom online casinos: Bitcoin.
- Best payment processing method for other electronic wallet options at United Kingdom online casinos: Instadebit, Skrill, Entropay, Neteller.
- Best payment processing method for more wide-ranging payment capacity at United Kingdom online casinos: PayPal.
- Best payment processing method for real credit cards at United Kingdom online casinos: MasterCard, VISA, American Express.